Seafood Risotto with Grilled Vegetables
Rich classic risotto made with seafood stock is married with sautéed lobster, shrimp and scallops and served topped with grilled seasonal vegetables. Recipe courtesy of Aaron Flores, Executive Chef for the Celiac Sprue Association.Yield: 12 Servings
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Standard View | FoodService View
For Each Serving:
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add 3 shrimp and sauté 30 seconds. Add 3 Tbsp. lobster meat and 2 sliced scallops and continue to sauté 30 seconds. Remove from skillet and keep warm until ready to serve.
2. Stir 1/4 cup wine into hot skillet to deglaze pan. Add 3 Tbsp. stock and bring to a boil. Stir in 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. tarragon or thyme, if desired.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups prepared risotto and mix well; heat thoroughly. Stir in 3 Tbsp. cream and continue to cook until all liquid is absorbed, about 1 minute. Adjust seasonings.
4. Just before serving, stir in hot, cooked seafood mixture thoroughly.
5. Serve each finished risotto with seafood in a hot soup plate or deep dinner plate or bowl. Mound 1/2 cup grilled vegetables in center of risotto.
6. Sprinkle top of plated risotto with 2 Tbsp. freshly shaved Parmesan. Garnish with fresh tarragon, if desired.
7. *You may use medium grain or short grain rice for risotto.